1. Assign one of the articles to each member of your group to read. Quietly read your article (~5 minutes):
1. Toxic shadow: phosphate miners in Morocco fear they pay a high price (The Guardian)
2. The Desert Rock That Feeds the World (The Atlantic)
3. The Clock is Ticking on Florida’s Mountains of Hazardous Phosphate Waste (Sarasota Magazine)
2. Each group member will summarize the main messages from the article they read for the rest of the group (1 minute each)
3. Discuss the following questions as a group (~4 minutes):
1. Identify 3 stakeholders in the extraction and use of phosphorus globally
2. What can be done to minimize P fertilizer use?
3. How can we decrease harm to stakeholders?